Senior Tax Manager/Accountant
Location: Elk Grove, CA Full-time, Year-round
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Centenal Tax Group is passionate about helping people and solving complex problems. We are a full-service bookkeeping and tax firm working with individuals, businesses, fiduciaries, and non-profits. Our services include tax preparation and planning, bookkeeping and accounting, estates and trusts, and compilation financial statements, to name a few. Centenal offers extraordinary benefits and our company is committed to a culture where we keep the customers first, we have a positive outlook, and are dedicated to the team. If you share these characteristics and values and want to make a difference, we have an exciting opportunity for you to become an integral part of our team in Elk Grove.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced tax preparer with a strong accounting and tax background and high level of experience preparing, reviewing, and signing individual, business, estate and trust tax returns as well as financial statements. This position will have an integral role with managing client relationships and being proactive with their tax and financial needs as well as problem-solving.
Key Objectives and Results:
- Deliver exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considering the impact of decisions on the customer.
- Prepare, review, and sign individual, corporate, partnership, estate and trust tax returns, including reporting of foreign financial accounts.
- Review financial records such as income statements, 1099s, documentation of expenditures and previous tax returns to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Identify potential tax credits and liabilities and ensure accurate and complete tax returns are filed in a timely manner. Complete all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Review and sign compilation financial statements.
- Ensure the confidentiality of each customer by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
- Possess a solid command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Expertise in responding to tax authority notices and client representation.
- Oversee and supervise multiple engagements in progress simultaneously.
- Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis, and new service opportunities.
- Research complex tax matters and clearly communicate findings and recommendations.
- Provide reliable and effective tax, accounting, and financial statement advice.
- Supervise and assign duties to staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Mentor and coach staff to help in their professional development.
Requirements and Expectations:
- 10+ years of experience with tax preparation and review, fiduciary tax law, and compilation financial statements.
- Current PTIN and EA or CPA certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics preferred.
- Proficient tax preparation and review skills, including complex tax returns.
- Thorough knowledge of tax law, precedents, government regulations, and IRS and state rules.
- Able to conduct tax research.
- Strong knowledge of taxation, estates and trusts, wealth planning and fiduciary income taxation.
- Proficient with CCH Tax or Lacerte Tax; QuickBooks; Microsoft Office Suite; and Adobe.
- Customer Service oriented with impeccable professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy to meet the quality of work standards.
- Adaptable in an environment with deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – professional and positive.
- Able to work required hours to meet filing due dates and customer workload.
- A resourceful style with good instincts and able to work independently and collaborate with team members.
- Travel as needed between the NorCal offices.
These physical requirements are not exhaustive, and additional job-related physical requirements may be added on an as needed basis. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
- Vision: Requirements of this job include close vision.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Dexterity and ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects for significant portions of the workday.
Salary: Starting at $75,000/year (based on experience) plus benefits.
Centenal is a subsidiary of TRI HoldCo, Inc., whose family of companies has been an employer in California since 1988 with offices in the Northern and Southern regions. Centenal has offices in Sacramento County, Placer County, and Orange County with its corporate office based in Folsom.
For more information on Centenal Tax Group, visit https://www.centenaltax.com.